- January: Pratyush Suryavanshi, PhD, joined the Glykys Laboratory as a Post-Doctoral Researcher.
- April: Publication (Basic)
- Tong L, Langton R, Glykys J, Baek S. ANMAF: An automated neuronal morphology analysis framework using convolutional neural networks, Scientific Reports. 2021 April 14;11(1):8179. PMID: 33854113. doi: 10.1038/s41598-021-87471-w
- May: Publication (Basic)
- Sturgeon M., Langton R., Sharma S., Cornell R., Glykys J., Bassuk AG. The opioid antagonist naltrexone decreases seizure-like activity in genetic and chemically induced epilepsy models. Epilepsia Open. 2021 May 24. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/epi4.12512
- June: Publication (Basic)
- Rahmati N, Normloyle KP, Glykys J, Dzhala VI, Lillis KP, Kahle KT, Raiyyani R, Jacob T, Staley KJ. Unique actions of GABA arising from cytoplasmic chloride microdomains, Journal of Neuroscience. 2021 Jun 9;41(23):4957-4975. PMID: 33903223. doi: 10.1523/jneurosci.3175-20.2021
- July: Award: American Epilepsy Society (AES) Post-doctoral research award granted to Yusuke Takezawa (post-doctoral researcher in the lab). Project title: Calcium overload and cell swelling during hypoxia in the neonatal brain
- January: Rachel Langton, BS, joined the Glykys Laboratory as a Research Technician.
- July: Yusuke Takezawa, MD/Ph.D., a child neurologist from Japan, joined the Glykys Laboratory as a Post-Doctoral Researcher.
- October: Samuel M. Baule, an undergraduate student started in the Glykys Laboratory
- December: Publication (Clinical)
- Cole M, Zhorne L, Glykys J. Atypical Presentation of Primary Stabbing Headache in a Patient With Type 3 Gaucher Disease, Pediatric neurology. 2021 Mar;116:57-58. PMID:33486419. doi: 10.1016/j.pediatrneurol.2020.12.002.